During my recent trip to Kenosha, Wisconsin I spent 2 nights at the Wyndham Garden Kenosha Harborside. As the name suggests, it is located in the heart of Downtown alongside the harbour and offers great views of the waterfront! (Plus…they have free cookies…!!)
Disclosure: Thank you to Visit Kenosha and the Wyndham Garden Kenosha Harbourside for hosting my stay in Kenosha. As always, opinions are my own.
A Look at my ‘harbor view’ room
I loved the colour theme of my room at the Wyndham Garden! The shades of blue (along with the giant seagull picture!) really made you feel as if you were at the beach! And of course the harbour view was awesome, it’s in the perfect location to catch the morning sunrises!
- Free reliable Wifi!
- Fridge, microwave and safe
- Basic tea and coffee facilities (with English tea bags!). In the main lobby there is a free coffee machine that offers different types of coffee and hot chocolate with flavoured creamers. I’d often help myself to a drink on the way back to my room!
- Large comfortable bed with a power outlet in the bedside lamp! There’s nothing worse than having to hunt for a plug socket. I charge my phone through the night, it’s also my alarm clock and having to get OUT of bed to switch it off annoys me, so lamp power points are awesome. One lamp had a clock plugged into it but for me travelling solo, I could just use the other one!
- Armchair and coffee table
- 2 bottles of water and 2 chocolates
- Bathtub with shower and mini toiletries. (2 bars of soap, face wipe, shampoo, conditioner, body lotion, shower wash, shower hat AND a hair band. I’ve never seen free hair bands before and as someone that always travels with spares, I thought it was a great idea to include one!)
- As mentioned above, I loved the coffee machine in the lobby. As well as this (and the free bottles of water in the room), there was also regular iced water and a 2nd infused flavoured iced water. On my first day, me and my blind bat-ness, thought it was lime water…turns out it was cucumber water but I became addicted to it! The 2nd day it was lemon water.
- FREE COOKIES at check in. My heart was won as soon as I walked through the door.
- Free breakfast – waffles, french toast sticks, sausages, cereal, breads, yoghurt, fancy teas and coffees, juices, the usual. Remember to look up, the lights in the ceiling look like the sky with clouds!
- A large car park…there was always plenty of space.
- A small snack and amenities shop (the classier version of vending machines)
- Swimming pool and hot tub. The pool was WARM (yay! I hate cold pools!), but had a constant depth of 3ft. Great for kids, slightly harder to do laps when it’s so shallow. Hot tub was gentle…didn’t have violent jets that sometimes leave you red and itchy where they beat your skin to a pulp.
- Fitness room with cardio and weight machines
- Laundry machines
- ‘Business centre’ and conference rooms
Even though I was travelling with my car, I found that I didn’t really need to use it as the majority of things I wanted to see were within a reasonable walking distance. The nearest beach on Simmons Island was around 10 minutes, it was a little less to walk to the main area of restaurants on 6th Ave. 3 of the Downtown museums were within this 10 minute radius too.
It’s also possible to start ‘A 10,000 Step Self Guided Walking Tour of Kenosha, Wisconsin‘ from right in front of the hotel too!
Book a Stay at the Wyndham Garden Kenosha Harborside
The Wyndham Garden Kenosha Harborside can be booked online at booking.com
Plan Your Trip to Kenosha
Disclosure: Please note some of the links in this post are affiliate links, which means I will receive a small commission if you make a purchase after clicking. It comes at no extra cost to you but it helps me with the running of this site! As always, opinions are my own.