I was nominated for a Liebster Award by Katrina at Miss Kiss Volunteers! What is a Liebster Award? It’s not a “real” award as such, it’s like a virtual chain letter given to bloggers by fellow bloggers! It’s a way of discovering new blogs and building communications, giving the smaller bloggers a bit of love and support! The idea of the award, is to answer a set of questions given by ‘nominator’ and in turn, nominate more ‘small’ blogs to answer a new set of questions, to get to know each other more in a way that might not necessarily be covered in blog posts! I’ve loved discovering other people’s journey’s so this is my way of passing on the love! (Liebster is german and translates to words such as: lovely, kind, valued and welcome)
These are the questions Katrina asked me!
1. What do you love most about where you live?
I love how close I live to the sea. Although I don’t get there as often as I like, my favourite thing to do is go and sit on the sea wall, eat fish and chips and people watch! A little bit closer to home, I live on the edge of town and love going for walks across the fields by the river!
2. What is your favourite book?
I have a few! The ultimate book series will always be Harry Potter, but as for an individual book, I love ‘But Now I See’ by Steven Holcomb. He’s an American Bobsleigh driver who during his career his eyesight started to deteriorate, despite only being young, and it covers his journey of not wanting to give up on his passion and how he overcame it.
3. What is your dream vacation? Where would you go? What would you do?
I’m slowly ticking off my dream trips…first it was Australia…then Hawaii…then it was the Maldives, I’ve been so lucky. But now I’d love to experience more of the Caribbean, places like Belize! I’d also love to visit Puerto Rico to visit the zip line that’s just opened!
4. What was your favorite food when you were a kid?
I guess it was probably Baked Potato! Whenever we went into a restaurant there HAD to be jacket potato and butter on the menu otherwise I had no idea what I was going to eat…thankfully times have changed!
5. Why did you create your blog?
To keep me sane! I wanted to document what it’s like being in a long distance relationship and that it can actually work out positively. Once I emigrate, I’ll be blogging about what it’s like to be a Brit living in the States and exploring my new surroundings, it’ll give me a sense of purpose! Hopefully it’ll inspire others as well as allowing my English family to keep track of what I’m up too!
6. What is something random about you that someone wouldn’t know from reading your blog?
My Great Aunt sold a cot (crib for those in America!) to Princess Diana, that Prince William used when he was born! Guess all Brits do have a ‘far off’ Royal connection!
7. Who is your favorite actor/actress?
Anna Sophia Robb – She was in my favourite film ‘Soul Surfer’, based on the true story about a girl who had her arm bitten off by a shark while surfing in Hawaii!
8. What is something you would love to accomplish in 2016?
A successful visa application! Rather than using an immigration specialist, to save money I’m filling out all the forms myself, it’ll be a huge achievement if I complete them all correctly!
9. Who is your role model or your inspiration?
I don’t really have a role model because I just want to be myself, but it’s my family that have taught me to go for whatever I want in life. They encourage me and support me in whatever I do. As a family we all kind of inspire each other!
10. What is your favorite part about blogging?
Apart from it being like my therapy, I’ve loved connecting with people from around the world. When I can’t travel myself, I love reading about other people’s experiences, it inspires me and helps me to discover new destinations! I love joining in Twitter Chats too, I can spend hours on those!
I nominate the following people because I love reading their adventures or they are in a similar situation to me (so it helps to not make me feel alone as they know what I’m going through!). Sticking with the ‘new blogger’ theme of the Liebster Award, I have also based my nominations on bloggers that have under 1000 followers on Facebook 🙂
Here are my questions!
1. If you could go ANYWHERE in the world, where would you go?
2. Have you ever been the receiver of an act of kindness while on the road or at home?
3. What do you prefer: ocean, mountain, jungle/woodland, desert?
4. What’s the craziest thing you’ve ever done?
5. What 3 items would you want with you on a desert island?
6. What’s your favourite song?
7. Where are your 3 favourite places in the world?
8. Which of your blog posts are you the proudest of?
9. What’s your favourite subject to blog about? (whether or not it fits in with your niche!)
10. What is your motto in life?
Thanks again to Katrina for the nomination! And to the people I’ve nominated, thanks for inspiring me 🙂